“We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” – Cornel West. As the pandemic rages and a wedge is plunged deeper into our cultural, religious and political divides, to whom or to what are you loyal? Family? Friends? A cause? Beacon UU? Does conscience trump loyalty? Does blood trump conscience? Or, in the end, should we strive to be loyal to loyalty itself, “a willing, practical and thoroughgoing devotion?”
Rev. Robin Landerman Zucker, with Worship Associate Char Tarashanti and music from Gabriel Hernandez and Rebecca Prizznick.
Join us for Virtual Social Hour over Zoom, Sunday at 11:00 am. The links to join will be posted in our weekly e-newsletter.
Tune in at our YouTube Channel: “Beacon UUC”
- Follow along: Lyrics and Unison readings will be visible in the service recording.
- Connect: Join the Virtual Social hour on Sundays at 11 AM. Zoom links to the meeting are within our weekly E-Newsletter and the Beacon GoogleGroup.
- Learn: Complete On-Demand, At-Home Adult and Children Religious Exploration program materials are available here:
- Adult RE
- Children’s RE Summer 2020 Program: “Wonder World: Nature, Science and the Interdependent Web”
- Donate: If you enjoyed the service, please consider donating here