IN LIGHT OF THE COVID-19 SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS, WE WILL NOT BE HOLDING ON-SITE WORSHIP, RELIGIOUS EXPLORATION, OR OTHER GATHERINGS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
ALL ARE WELCOME TO OUR WEEKLY VIRTUAL WORSHIP SERVICES
ON THE “BEACON UUC” YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Tune in at our usual time (Sundays at 10 AM) or watch on your own schedule. ALL WORSHIP SERVICES WILL BE ARCHIVED THERE FOR VIEWING. Sermon transcripts and video links on the “Sermons” page on this site.
UPCOMING VIRTUAL WORSHIP SERVICE:
Sunday, April 5, 2020: “All Roads Lead to Where We Stand”
It’s been famously said that “All who wander are not lost.” On this morning, as Palm Sunday and Passover converge, we meet at the crossroads to explore how the wanderings of Jesus and Moses reflect our essential human journey from the source of who we are and back again. In what ways can our wanderings feel like a walk in a labyrinth rather than a frustrating journey through a maze? How might we retain the wellspring of our identities when we are in the wilderness, awaiting manna or gazing down from mountaintops? And how does this relate to our current “social distancing” limitations on “wandering” in the world?
Rev. Robin Landerman Zucker preaching, with music from Gabe Hernandez and Rebecca Prizznick.
- Follow along with the New April Order of Service available in PDF or Word.
- Connect: Join the Virtual Social hour on Sundays at 11 AM here: https://zoom.us/j/675489291
- Or call +1 253 215 8782 and enter Meeting ID: 675 489 291
- Learn: Adult and Children Religious Exploration activities are available here: Adult RE Children’s RE
- Donate: If you enjoyed the service, please consider donating here
WHAT IS UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISM?
Imagine a religion:
- that places more importance on your values than on your religious beliefs or disbeliefs
- that welcomes your questions and affirms your search for truth and meaning
- that cares about social issues and wants to make a difference in the community
This is that religion.
Copyright Unitarian Universalist Association
WHAT IS BEACON?
Imagine a community:
- where you are accepted as you are, yet challenged and inspired to be better
- where children do not memorize the truths of others, but are nurtured to develop their own truths, wonder and awe
- where members are diverse people of many theologies, backgrounds, ages, abilities, ethnicities, and sexual orientations
This is that community.
Imagine a place:
- of celebration, worship, learning, and interacting with respect, mutual support, and love
This is that place.
The Vision of Beacon Unitarian Universalist Congregation is to build a center for liberal religion and action.
The Mission of Beacon Unitarian Universalist Congregation is to be a welcoming faith community that embraces diverse thought and belief and builds a just, peaceful and compassionate world.