ALL ARE WELCOME TO THE NEXT SUNDAY SERVICE
The Labors of Sisyphus
“The Labors of Sisyphus” (sermon by Rev.Gary James), delivered by Worship Associate Mark James.
Sisyphus must push his boulder up the unforgiving hill daily, only to see it roll back down again. His journey repeats itself without end, but the ritual can reveal its own … read more.
Imagine a religion:
- that places more importance on your values than on your religious beliefs or disbeliefs
- that welcomes your questions and affirms your search for truth and meaning
- that cares about social issues and wants to make a difference in the community
This is that religion.
Imagine a community:
- where you are accepted as you are, yet challenged and inspired to be better
- where children do not memorize the truths of others, but are nurtured to develop their own truths, wonder and awe
- where members are diverse people of many theologies, backgrounds, ages, abilities, ethnicities, and sexual orientations
This is that community.
Imagine a place:
- of celebration, worship, learning, and interacting with respect, mutual support, and love
This is that place.
The Vision of Beacon Unitarian Universalist Congregation is to build a center for liberal religion and action.
The Mission of Beacon Unitarian Universalist Congregation is to be a welcoming faith community that embraces diverse thought and belief and builds a just, peaceful and compassionate world.
Join us for worship and
Children’s Religious Exploration on
Sunday mornings at 10 am.