Religious Exploration for Adults
Come, open to be moved.
Come, be held in mutual embrace.
Come, engage the world.
Come be made whole.
Welcome to Adult Faith Development at Beacon UU. Our offerings are open to all members and friends, new and longstanding. We invite and encourage you to explore a variety of courses, presentations, discussion groups, and events designed to help you be inspired, connect with others, and live your values. Our goal is to provide a framework for you to grow (personally, intellectually, spiritually, and ethically) as an individual, as a member of the community, and also as a Unitarian Universalist.
Due to the safety restrictions imposed by COVID-19, we are offering virtual, on-line programs through our website and on Zoom Video conference.
FEBRUARY 1, 2021:
STARTING NOVEMBER 5, 2020: (this program has concluded)
Brene Brown’s Daring Greatly: How The Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead”
Six 75 minute “lunch and learn” sessions, led by Rev. Robin Zucker, Minister at Beacon UU, Flagstaff. Thursdays, 12-1:15 (or 1:30 as the group chooses) PM (Arizona time) On these dates: November 5 and 19; December 3 and 17; January 7 and 21. Zoom link here
This program is being offered TO ALL ARIZONA UUs.
A complete workbook/journal is available to download Here
You may participate in this program without reading the entire book, as the exercises in the workbook include excerpts. Other materials will be provided to download from Rev. Robin. If you require us to print a copy of the workbook for you, please let us know. We’ll share our reflections from the text and workbook and have small group confidential discussions in breakout rooms.
Please let Rev. Robin know you’ll be taking this journey with her. firstname.lastname@example.org
Chalice Circles is an ongoing Beacon program designed to meet our needs for belonging (intimacy) and meaning (ultimacy) by building friendships and providing opportunities to ponder life’s questions, small and large, with others who share the common values of our UU Principles. All are welcome to our twice monthly meetings (currently meeting on Zoom, more information and links provided in our weekly newsletter). Each month our theme changes based on the UU Touchstones Journal.
In Spring 2020, we offered Lunch with the Transcendentalists, during which we explored the works of HD Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Margaret Fuller, and the Alcotts, and their connections to Unitarianism in the 1800s. Full course materials can be found archived below.
Other Adult RE programs we have offered at Beacon UU include: Yoga, QiGong, Meditation, Soul Collage, Writing and Book Groups, Men’s Gatherings, Courses on Goddess Spirituality and Building your Own Theology, Workshops on Conflict and Adaptability to Change, Labyrinth Walks, and Creative Arts groups.
Adult Faith Development Resources During COVID-19
Check the weekly e-news for current programs begin offered at UU churches and elsewhere.
- www.communitynowuu.org – dozens of links for UU virtual meet-ups, programs and worship services
- Mandalas – Here is a mandala meditation and a coloring book to use at home.Download, print and color. Bring your favorites to church when we get back together and we will display them. Or post them on the FB page!
Meditation Guide Coloring Book
- Stress Busters in Challenging Times – From Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Lenox, MA
- www.Dailyom.com – Hundreds of personal and spiritual growth courses to attend online with a sliding scale of $15 and up.
- Daily Quarantine Questions for mental and physical health
- Who am I checking in with or connecting with today?
- What expectations of “normal” am I letting go of today?
- How am I getting outside today?
- How am I moving my body today?
- How am I expressing my creativity today?
- What type of self-care am I practicing today?
- What am I grateful for today?
Catch up on the latest Religious Exploration News for Adults below:
- Adult RE Resources for, 18th October 2020Adult Religious explorations Brene Brown’s Daring Greatly: How The Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead” Six 75 minute “lunch and learn” sessions, led by Rev. Robin Zucker, Minister at Beacon UU, Flagstaff. Thursdays, 12-1:15 (or 1:30 as the group chooses) PM (Arizona time) On these dates: November 5 and 19; ...
- Adult RE Resources for, 11th October 2020Adult Religious explorations Gathering of the week: Night Bloom A bi-weekly, virtual, contemplative series at Mountain Vista Unitarian Universalist Congregation (Tucson) called “Night Bloom.” There will be music, time to rest, candles, practices, and reflections that we hope support our congregation and community through this season of life and death– in nature and in our culture. All are welcome to join us– Arizona and beyond! Wear your pajamas ...
- Adult RE Resources for, September 17th 2020Adult Religious explorations Gathering of the week: Sunday Morning Meditation 8:15-8:45 AM Weekly meditation, led by members of the Boise ID UU Fellowship community, starting with a reading and followed by a 20 minute meditation. Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 874 0348 5585 Passcode: chalice
- Adult RE Resources for, September 10th 2020Adult Religious explorations Gathering of the Week: Dream Group at the UU Church of Montclair, NJ Monday, September 14th, 4:30 – 6 PM Arizona time Are you interested in learning more about what your dreams can reveal about you and your life? The UUCM Dream Group meets on the second Monday of the month from 4:30-6PM via Zoom. Bring ...
- Adult RE Resources for July 5thWord for Word: Writing for Self Discovery and Spiritual Renewal
- Life Religious Exploration News for June 7th, 2020Lifespan Resources for Learning About and Responding to Racism
For our full Adult Religious Exploration Catalog, click here