Religious Exploration for Adults
Come, open to be moved.
Come, be held in mutual embrace.
Come, engage the world.
Come be made whole.
Welcome to Adult Faith Development at Beacon UU. Our offerings are open to all members and friends, new and longstanding. We invite and encourage you to explore a variety of courses, presentations, discussion groups, and events designed to help you be inspired, connect with others, and live your values. Our goal is to provide a framework for you to grow (personally, intellectually, spiritually, and ethically) as an individual, as a member of the community, and also as a Unitarian Universalist.
Due to the safety restrictions imposed by COVID-19, we are offering virtual, on-line programs through our website and on Zoom Video conference.
In Spring 2020, we offered Lunch with the Transcendentalists, during which we explored the works of HD Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Margaret Fuller, and the Alcotts, and their connections to Unitarianism in the 1800s. Full course materials can be found archived below.
Chalice Circles is an ongoing Beacon program designed to meet our needs for belonging (intimacy) and meaning (ultimacy) by building friendships and providing opportunities to ponder life’s questions, small and large, with others who share the common values of our UU Principles. All are welcome to our twice monthly meetings (currently meeting on Zoom, more information and links provided in our weekly newsletter). Each month our theme changes based on the UU Touchstones Journal.
Other Adult RE programs we have offered at Beacon UU include: Yoga, QiGong, Meditation, Soul Collage, Writing and Book Groups, Men’s Gatherings, Courses on Goddess Spirituality and Building your Own Theology, Workshops on Conflict and Adaptability to Change, Labyrinth Walks, and Creative Arts groups.
Adult Faith Development Resources During COVID-19
- www.communitynowuu.org – dozens of links for UU virtual meet-ups, programs and worship services
- Mandalas – Here is a mandala meditation and a coloring book to use at home.Download, print and color. Bring your favorites to church when we get back together and we will display them. Or post them on the FB page!
Meditation Guide Coloring Book
- Stress Busters in Challenging Times – From Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Lenox, MA
- www.Dailyom.com – Hundreds of personal and spiritual growth courses to attend online with a sliding scale of $15 and up.
- Daily Quarantine Questions for mental and physical health
- Who am I checking in with or connecting with today?
- What expectations of “normal” am I letting go of today?
- How am I getting outside today?
- How am I moving my body today?
- How am I expressing my creativity today?
- What type of self-care am I practicing today?
- What am I grateful for today?
Catch up on the latest Religious Exploration News for Adults below:
- Adult RE Resources for, September 17th 2020Adult Religious explorations Gathering of the week: Sunday Morning Meditation 8:15-8:45 AM Weekly meditation, led by members of the Boise ID UU Fellowship community, starting with a reading and followed by a 20 minute meditation. Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 874 0348 5585 Passcode: chalice
- Adult RE Resources for, September 10th 2020Adult Religious explorations Gathering of the Week: Dream Group at the UU Church of Montclair, NJ Monday, September 14th, 4:30 – 6 PM Arizona time Are you interested in learning more about what your dreams can reveal about you and your life? The UUCM Dream Group meets on the second Monday of the month from 4:30-6PM via Zoom. Bring ...
- Adult RE Resources for July 5thWord for Word: Writing for Self Discovery and Spiritual Renewal
- Life Religious Exploration News for June 7th, 2020Lifespan Resources for Learning About and Responding to Racism
- Adult Religious Exploration News for May 17th, 2020LUNCH WITH THE TRANSCENDENTALISTS….and Rev. Robin “We will walk on our own feet; we will work with our own hands; we will speak our own minds…A nation of men (sic) will for the first time exist, because each believes himself inspired by the Divine Soul which also inspires all men.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson Let’s have lunch ...
- Adult Religious Exploration News for May 10th, 2020LUNCH WITH THE TRANSCENDENTALISTS….and Rev. Robin “We will walk on our own feet; we will work with our own hands; we will speak our own minds…A nation of men (sic) will for the first time exist, because each believes himself inspired by the Divine Soul which also inspires all men.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson Let’s have lunch ...
For our full Adult Religious Exploration Catalog, click here