“Shove Over: A Sermon Towards Imperfection”
New Year’s Resolution time! Again? How has the experience of 2020 (and the turmoil of this past week) changed our expectation of who we need to be in order to be “okay?” In this service, we’ll explore what it might mean to view our imperfections and “areas of improvement” with compassion, honesty, and humor, as we embrace the ever-evolving process of becoming fully a “Self.” Together, we’ll exalt (and even get a chuckle or two) from the wholly human, uninvited, and messy side of our blessedly imperfect pandemic-vexed lives.
Rev. Robin Landerman Zucker preaching, with Worship Associate Linda Ochi, and music from Roomie Wood and Rebecca Prizznick.
Tune in at our YouTube Channel: “Beacon UUC”
- Follow along: Lyrics and Unison readings will be visible in the service recording.
- Connect: Join the Post-Service Gathering on Sundays at 11 AM. Check-in, Live Joys and Sorrows sharing, and a centering discussion question related to the service. Weekly details and Zoom links to the meeting are within our weekly E-Newsletter and the Beacon GoogleGroup.
- Learn: Complete On-Demand, At-Home Adult and Children Religious Exploration program materials are available here:
- Adult RE
- Children’s RE 2020 Fall Program: “CartUUns” For Middle School Youth: “Fifth Dimension” see RE links for details.
- Donate: If you enjoyed the service, please consider donating here