OUR BUILDING IS CLOSED, BUT NOT THE HEART OR SPIRIT OF OUR COMMUNITY.
IN LIGHT OF THE COVID-19 SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS, WE WILL NOT BE HOLDING ON-SITE WORSHIP, RELIGIOUS EXPLORATION, OR OTHER GATHERINGS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
PLEASE READ OUR “Beacon-Always Connected – How We’ll Do Virtual Church” Action plan for details, important links, and instructions- – Beacon Action Plan (Word) Beacon Action Plan (PDF)
ALL ARE WELCOME TO OUR WEEKLY VIRTUAL WORSHIP SERVICES ON THE “BEACON UUC” YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Tune in at our usual time (Sundays at 10 AM) or watch on your own schedule. ALL WORSHIP SERVICES WILL BE ARCHIVED THERE FOR VIEWING. Sermon transcripts and video links on the “Sermons” page on this site.
UPCOMING VIRTUAL WORSHIP SERVICE:
Sunday, July 12, 2020
“Your Loyalties are Your Life”
Rev. Robin Landerman Zucker, with Worship Associate Char Tarashanti
and music from Gabriel Hernandez and Rebecca Prizznick.
“We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” – Cornel West. As the pandemic rages and a wedge is plunged deeper into our cultural, religious and political divides, to whom or to what are you loyal? Family? Friends? A cause? Beacon UU? Does conscience trump loyalty? Does blood trump conscience? Or, in the end, should we strive to be loyal to loyalty itself, “a willing, practical and thoroughgoing devotion?”
- Follow along: Lyrics and Unison readings will be visible in the service recording.
- Connect: Join the Virtual Social hour on Sundays at 11 AM. Zoom links to the meeting are within our weekly E-Newsletter and the Beacon GoogleGroup.
- Learn: Complete On-Demand, At-Home Adult and Children Religious Exploration program materials are available here:
- Adult RE
- Summer 2020 Program: “Wonder World: Nature, Science and the Interdependent Web” Children’s RE
- Donate: If you enjoyed the service, please consider donating here
A Special Message from Rev. Robin – June 1, 2020
Dear Beloved Community,
America is on fire with rage, weary from a pandemic, and aching with despair. Along with the rest of our country, we’ve read and heard so many devastating accounts over the past week, the most heart-rending from people of color coping with another case of murderous systemic racism in our country. I do not need to (nor, am I entitled to) add anything to their experiences or parse what they have to say about racism. They live it.
Click here to read the full message.
WHAT IS UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISM?
Imagine a religion:
- that places more importance on your values than on your religious beliefs or disbeliefs
- that welcomes your questions and affirms your search for truth and meaning
- that cares about social issues and wants to make a difference in the community
This is that religion.
Copyright Unitarian Universalist Association
WHAT IS BEACON?
Imagine a community:
- where you are accepted as you are, yet challenged and inspired to be better
- where children do not memorize the truths of others, but are nurtured to develop their own truths, wonder and awe
- where members are diverse people of many theologies, backgrounds, ages, abilities, ethnicities, and sexual orientations
This is that community.
Imagine a place:
- of celebration, worship, learning, and interacting with respect, mutual support, and love
This is that place.
The Vision of Beacon Unitarian Universalist Congregation is to build a center for liberal religion and action.
The Mission of Beacon Unitarian Universalist Congregation is to be a welcoming faith community that embraces diverse thought and belief and builds a just, peaceful and compassionate world.