LUNCH WITH THE TRANSCENDENTALISTS….and Rev. Robin
“We will walk on our own feet; we will work with our own hands; we will speak our own minds…A nation of men (sic) will for the first time exist, because each believes himself inspired by the Divine Soul which also inspires all men.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wednesdays, 12 noon – 1:00 p.m. (come early and leave late, as desired)
(April 15, 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20)
Zoom meeting information contained within our weekly E-Newsletter.
May 20: The Alcotts and Transcendentalism: Beyond Fruitlands and Little Women
Resources and Handouts:
- Amos Bronson Alcott: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amos_Bronson_Alcott
- Orphic Sayings by Bronson: PDF
- Louisa May Alcott’s Transcendentalism: PDF
~ and because we expressed interest ~
- The New Yorker article about Margaret Fuller: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/04/01/an-unfinished-woman
- Recollection of Mystical Experiences by Margaret Fuller: YouTube Video (10 minutes) ~ https://youtu.be/pe5CbYICwKg
Adult Faith Development Resources
- www.communitynowuu.org – dozens of links for UU virtual meet-ups, programs and worship services
- Mandalas – Here is a mandala meditation and a coloring book to use at home.Download, print and color. Bring your favorites to church when we get back together and we will display them. Or post them on the FB page!
Meditation Guide Coloring Book
- Stress Busters in Challenging Times – From Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Lenox, MA
- www.Dailyom.com – Hundreds of personal and spiritual growth courses to attend online with a sliding scale of $15 and up.
- Daily Quarantine Questions for mental and physical health
- Who am I checking in with or connecting with today?
- What expectations of “normal” am I letting go of today?
- How am I getting outside today?
- How am I moving my body today?
- How am I expressing my creativity today?
- What type of self-care am I practicing today?
- What am I grateful for today?