Walking the Labyrinth
“All Roads Lead to Where We Stand”
On April 5, 2020, Rev. Robin preached a sermon, in which the practice of walking a labyrinth served as a central theme. You can read the sermon or view the You Tube service from links on the “Sermons” page.
Some labyrinth-related resources for you to utilize at home:
~Listen to the song that inspired the sermon title – “Crossroads” by Don McLean
~Read about labyrinths
A simple format for moving through a labyrinth is “receiving” on the way to the center; “reflecting” in the center, and “returning” with new awareness and peace as you move out again.
~Print this finger labyrinth (pdf) –take a meditative labyrinth journey from home anytime using your finger, a pen/pencil or other similar pointed object.
LUNCH WITH THE TRANSCENDENTALISTS….and Rev. Robin
“We will walk on our own feet; we will work with our own hands; we will speak our own minds…A nation of men (sic) will for the first time exist, because each believes himself inspired by the Divine Soul which also inspires all men.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Let’s have lunch with the Transcendentalists! This series of brown bag virtual ZOOM gatherings with Rev. Robin will offer the opportunity to get acquainted with the writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, and Margaret Fuller, through the Skinner House “Spiritual Guides” series by Rev. Barry Andrews.
Handouts of all readings and reflective questions will be provided in advance in the weekly e-news, beginning April 8. Attend any or all; drop ins welcome.
Wednesdays, 12 noon – 1:15 p.m. (come early and leave late, as desired)
(April 15, 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20, and 27, June 3)
Zoom meeting information contained within our weekly E-Newsletter.
Adult Faith Development Resources
- www.communitynowuu.org – dozens of links for UU virtual meet-ups, programs and worship services
- Mandalas – Here is a mandala meditation and a coloring book to use at home.Download, print and color. Bring your favorites to church when we get back together and we will display them. Or post them on the FB page!
Meditation Guide Coloring Book
- Stress Busters in Challenging Times – From Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Lenox, MA
- www.Dailyom.com – Hundreds of personal and spiritual growth courses to attend online with a sliding scale of $15 and up.
- Daily Quarantine Questions for mental and physical health
- Who am I checking in with or connecting with today?
- What expectations of “normal” am I letting go of today?
- How am I getting outside today?
- How am I moving my body today?
- How am I expressing my creativity today?
- What type of self-care am I practicing today?
- What am I grateful for today?