By Amy Huntereece, M. Ed.
Themes repeated often:
Trust, Faith, fair, love, mindfulness, purpose, sustainable, Juntos, collaboration, wrought faith, decentering white supremacy, Faith Formation, leadership, change, innovator, accessibility
Not about me but we
Nothing about us without us
All that we do is Unitarian Universalism, All that we teach is Faith Formation, The congregation is the curriculum.
President Rev. Susan Fredrick Gray address to the assembly (48:00-1:20:00)
Transforming Congregations Through Community by Dr. Boyung Lee
Emergent Strategies by Adrienne Maree Brown
We affirm and promote: journeying toward spiritual wholeness by building a diverse multicultural Beloved Community by our actions that accountably dismantle racism and other oppressions in ourselves and our institutions.
Thoughts on Moving institutional Change by Pres. Rev. Susan Frederick Gray:
- Create a very clear mission and vision
- Appoint leaders who are invested
- Provide ongoing skill development
- Establish and nurture relationships and partnerships outside of the church community
- Establish and nurture relationships and partnerships inside of the church community