Today is the third day of the Unitarian Universalist festival of light. Chalica is seven days long and runs from the first Monday in December through to Sunday. Each day represents a different Unitarian Principle, a chalice is lit each day and we say why we light the chalice for that day. Gift(s) can be given and received. Gifts can be made, bought, verbal, written, acts, and/or shared/personal celebrations. One can have seven different chalices or one common chalice
Wednesday: We light our chalice for acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations. Give gift(s) to honor fellow Unitarians and their spiritual journey.
– a chalice / book / hymnal
– extend words of peace or forgiveness to a fellow Unitarian with whom you may have hurt / not understood in the past
– offer / take part in an event at your church / with your congregation
– church potluck
What can you do at home?
- print out this booklet and follow along
- make a chalice and light a candle each night Here is the special blessing for today!
- follow the official Chalica Blog here
- print out this chart and fill it out every day
Enjoy this special week! Let me know how it goes!
My best to you with many blessings,
special thanks to the Chalica Facebook page for photos!