Today is the second day of the Unitarian Universalist festival of light. Chalica is seven days long and runs from the first Monday in December through to Sunday. Each day represents a different Unitarian Principle, a chalice is lit each day and we say why we light the chalice for that day. Gift(s) can be given and received. Gifts can be made, bought, verbal, written, acts, and/or shared/personal celebrations. One can have seven different chalices or one common chalice
Tuesday: We light our chalice for justice, equity and compassion in human relations. Give gift(s) to honor those in your local community that are less fortunate.
– spend time in a soup kitchen
– donate clothes to a worthy organization
– display kindness and care to those around you
– take part in a political demonstration at city hall
What can you do at home?
- print out this booklet and follow along
- make a chalice and light a candle each night Here is the special blessing for today!
- follow the official Chalica Blog here
- print out this chart and fill it out every day
Enjoy this special week! Let me know how it goes!
My best to you with many blessings,
special thanks to the Chalica Facebook page for photos!